Please review this page for guidelines on oral and poster/demo presentations.
Oral Presentations (Full Length & Rapid Fire) Guidelines for Preparing PowerPoint Presentations:
Please arrange to send your slides to Andrea Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than noon (PDT) October 30th, 2013. Presentation Formatting guidelines are below.
- Slides must be provided in advance to allow the AV team time to review the presentation for technical issues and load the slides in the presentation queue. Please bring your presentation with you on a USB drive in case of problems.
- Format: Slides should be in Windows-compatible Power Point format. PDFs cannot be accepted. Please contact us with concerns about format.
- Videos: Short videos that help to illustrate your research are acceptable. However, please keep these technical issues in mind:
- If you are using embedded videos, please send the videos in a separate file and include instructions on where you expect the video to play.
- Due to potential connectivity issues, videos cannot be played directly from the web (youtube etc). Video files must be provided.
- Apple Users: If you are creating your presentation on an Apple computer please be aware of the following issues:
- Movies: QuickTime is not native to Windows computers. It would be preferred to have your video files converted to .avi’s in order to allow for proper operation in PowerPoint for Mac or PC.
- Fonts: Use common cross-platform fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial and Courier. Many pre-installed and custom fonts will not translate properly on a Windows machine.
Poster & Demo Presentation for Demos, Abstracts and Late Breaking Abstracts:
Your physical poster/demo presentation will take place during the evening reception on Saturday, November 2nd between 5:40pm and 7:30pm. We recommend that you put your poster on display for the duration of the conference, although you are only required to staff it during your designated poster session. The poster sessions will be located in the main conference hall and will be accessible for the duration of the conference. Overnight security will be provided in the conference hall.
We will provide each presenter with poster board space that measure 4 feet in height and 4 feet in width. Your poster or other presentation items should fit within the following dimensions:
3.75 feet wide (114.3 centimeters)
3.75 feet tall (114.3 centimeters)
We will provide each presenter with small tables and power outlets adjacent to their poster space. Wireless Internet will be available. If you need any additional specific equipment, please let us know. Requests must be made in advance and you may be responsible for added rental costs. Please contact Andrea Jackson (email@example.com) with any questions about equipment.
You may set up your poster/demo on the evening of Friday, November 1st, between 4-6pm, or during breakfast on the morning of Saturday, November 2nd, between 7-8:30am. A volunteer will be onsite to help you locate your poster/table.
Carefully prepare your poster well in advance of the conference. There will be no time or materials available for last minute preparations at the conference. If you think you may need certain materials to repair the poster after traveling, please bring them with you.